The ZIZERA Publisher supports MPEG4 format with a file size limit up to 2GB.
The video file formats consist of a wide range of formats, which use different codes to encode and compress video data.
Video formats – Supported
ZIZERA generate video versions based on 2 types of video aspect ratio:
- Landscape with 16:9 or 4:3 ratio aspect
- Portrait with 9:16 or 3:4 ratio aspect
In the live view, the videos are displayed in original dimension. Live view considers video dimensions as the same dimensions uploaded. That is, if an uploaded video dimension is 1920 x 1080, then the live view video size will also be 1920 x 1080. If the uploaded video dimension is 1024 x 768 then the live view video size also will be 1024 x 768.
Video with higher dimensions: Videos with higher dimensions and higher resolution are also supported in the ZIZERA Viewer. The ZIZERA Publisher maintains the same quality when as uploaded in the workspace.
Note: If low-quality videos are provided or used in the Publisher, the quality will be maintained to the ZIZERA Viewer.
The video dimensions (W x H in pixels) are processed by a back-end process.
Video encoding is also known as video conversion, which is a process of converting a given video input into a digital format that is compatible with most types of Web players and mobile devices. This as different browsers, video players and devices support or play videos in different formats.
Video encoding formats
In order for the ZIZERA Publisher to support the same video format, it is necessary for a video to be encoded into the required format.
The required video encoding formats are:
h264 H.264 / AVC / MPEG-4 AVC / MPEG-4 part 10 (decoders: h264 h264_vdpau)
(Encoders: libx264 libx264rgb)
The above mentioned formats are the most acceptable codec format.
Supported media formats
Audio codecs are used to handle audio and different codecs offer different levels of compression and quality.
The MP4 container format with the H.264 video codec is natively supported by desktop/ mobile Internet Explorer, Safari and Chrome. The device hardware can handle the profile used to encode the MP4.
By default, the AAC audio format is supported.
The video header includes a few configurations settings, which are supposed to be integrated in the source video.
In the Adobe Premiere, the two video settings listed below are integrated while generating the video. These two settings listed below needs to be available in the source video:
- Fast forwarding
- How many seconds the video must play
ZIZERA applications – support formats
The video plays differently for different devices in the ZIZERA Applications.
The ZIZERA Applications supports the following video versions in different devices:
- Desktop: HD
- Tablet: SD
- Mobile: SD
Below you can find the different modes, in which the video plays in the Applications:
- In Desktop: Plays the video in the following modes: embedded, popup and in full screen mode.
- Android mobiles & tablets, iOS tablets: Plays the video in following modes: embedded, popup and in full screen mode.
- iOS mobile: Devices with version less than 10, plays only in full screen mode and not as an embedded video on a publication. Devices with version greater or equal to 10, the video plays as embedded in a publication and in full screen mode.
Note: For iOS devices, it is to be noted that the full screen mode plays video in the native player.
- AAC - Advanced Audio Coding
- AVC - Advanced Video Coding
- CODEC-(Coding/ Decoding) The algorithm used to capture analog video or audio in digital form.
- H.264 - Also known as MPEG-4 AVC. It is one of the most commonly used recording formats for high definition video. It offers significantly greater compression than previous formats.
- MPEG - Motion Picture Expert Group