Here's how you link tags to external web pages.
Prerequisites: Availability of a publication in the Publications List view and a tag created on the publication.
Perform the steps listed to set a link to an external web page:
- Start off by drawing a tag (read more on how to Draw a tag).
- Select the tag name in the Pages navigation pane.
- Alternatively, you can select the tag in the publication edit area.
When the tag is selected, the blue line of a tag frame changes to black dotted lines.
When the tag name gets highlighted, the Properties pane displays.
- Set an Action in the Properties pane.
- Set the Action as Link in the Properties pane.
- Choose the Link type as an External one.
- Select Http://.
Once Http:// is selected, a text box displays.
- Choose the Icon type.
In this case, an icon is not required as the tag is to set to remain as an invisible link to the user.
The available Icon types are:
Default icon, No icon, Internal icon, External icon, Mail icon, Gallery icon, Video icon, HTML page icon, Publication icon, Bookmark icon, Search icon, and Table of contents icon.
- Select the Icon position from the drop-down list of items:
Top left, Top right, Top center, Center left, Center right, Center center, and Bottom left.
- Select the Active area either as Full or icon only.
- Click on the Live view icon to preview the link tag set to an external web page.